1/1 Photo of Australian Seafood Platter
A really, really easy to prepare, but impressive looking dish; great for summer entertaining! Adapted from the Australian Womens' Weekly Dinner Party series of cookbooks; this was from Cookbook No. 2. The original recipe included crab and mussels; along with 3 recipes for sauces - Chilli Cocktail, Lemon Tartare and Louis. For ease of preparation, I substitute additional oysters, prawns and salmon for the crab and mussel; and use bought Thousand Island and Tartare Sauce. To make this a really Australian dish, use Tasmanian oysters and salmon; and Australian-caught lobsters and prawns. Can be prepared a few hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut lobsters in half lengthwise.
- 2Unsing fingers, ease meat out of tails in one piece.
- 3Wash two shells, slice meat evenly, toss meat in lemon juice, pile meat into shells.
- 4Arrange on serving paltter.
- 5Shell prawns, remove back vein, place on platter.
- 6Sprinkle a little red caviar on each oyster, place on platter.
- 7Roll up salmon, place on serving platter, garnish with a few capers and onion rings.
- 8Decorate seafood platter with wedges of lemon, wedges of avocade tossed in french dressing and sprigs of watercress or parsley.
- 9Serve with your choice of sauces; we use bought Thousand Island and Tartare Sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Australian Seafood Platter
Serving Size: 1 (508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.2
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 397.9 mg
- Sodium 1062.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 68.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: