1 hr 28 mins
1 hr 10 mins
princess buttercup's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- 2Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- 3To make crumpet rings, cut aluminum foil into 7x12 inch pieces.
- 4Fold in half lengthwise and then in thirds, making 6 layers.
- 5Form into a 3 1/2 inch diameter circle and tape shut on the outside.
- 6In a large bowl, mix together flour and salt.
- 7Stir in the milk, oil and yeast mixture.
- 8Beat well until smooth.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 60 minutes.
- 10Lightly grease or butter the inside of the crumpet rings and dip the rings in cornmeal.
- 11Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium low heat.
- 12Sprinkle cornmeal on the griddle and place the rings on the griddle.
- 13Deflate the batter by stirring.
- 14Pour 1/4 cup of batter into each ring.
- 15Cook slowly for about 10 minutes or until pale brown.
- 16Carefully remove the rings and turn the bisquits over.
- 17Bake on second side about 8 minutes or until light brown.
- 18Transfer to a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Australian Toaster Biscuits (crumpets)
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 476.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g