1/1 Photo of Avocado and Orange Salad
This is one of my favourite salads. I mainly like to make it up in Asian soup spoons so you have little mouthful serves as hors d'ouvres. Oranges and dressing can be prepared in advance. Walnuts can be used if preferred.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Segment the oranges by slicing off the tops and bottoms. Work around the orange using a sharp knife to cut downwards, to remove the peel and pith. Once peeled, hold in one hand and carefully cut between membranes to remove the segments. (If possible collect the juices for the dressing.).
- 2Cut avocados in halves and remove stones. Remove skin and then slice avocado. Use lemon juice to coat avocado to prevent browning.
- 3Arrange the orange and avocado on small plates, as desired, decorating with the pecans. Drizzle with the dressing.
- 4Dressing: combine all dressing ingredients in a screw top jar. Shake to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado and Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.7
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g