Baby Beans, topped with a mixture of fresh bread crumbs, butter, orange rind and almonds adds a super-easy gourmet touch! Adapted from a recipe on the Simply Great Recipes Club website.
- Cook the frozen Baby Beans according to the packet directions.
- While the beans are cooking, heat the butter and oil in a pan; stir in the breadcrumbs, orange zest and almonds; and cook until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and crunchy.
- Drain the beans well.
- Stir the garlic butter into the breadcrumbs mixture, and allow it to melt; and carefully toss the contents of the pan so that the ingredients are all well-combined.
- Serve the beans topped with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Notes: Add lemon rind instead of orange - or a blend of lemon and orange.
What a great surprise. We loved the change from the norm. The orange flavor is outstanding in this dish. Thanks for posting. :)
A new twist on beans for me! A crunchy orange twist, that is! Clever, great tasting, and fast! Thanks, BlueMoon DownUnder! Made for 123HW.
GREAT TASTING & EASY TO MAKE! I used bread crumbs from a winter wheat bread that's standard fare in my kitchen & that, along with the other ingredients, made for a wonderful taste experience ~ What a great way to dress up the veggies! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]