Heard this recipe on the A.B.C. The family loved this when I made it. I did add spring onions to garnish. So easy simple and great tasting. I used kipfler potatoes but recipe suggest's small red ruby lou or royal blue would also be good.
- 1 kg baby potatoes, small
- 150 g peas
- 6 small eggs
- such as basil, parsley, dill, and chives (about 2 or 3 tablespoons of each)
- 70 g pine nuts
- 70 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 ml olive oil, extra virgin
- lemon juice (one large lemon)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam or boil the ptoatoes until just cooked (they can be used with their skin on, well scrubbed) and keep warm.
- Boil the eggs for about 5 minutes and chill under running water (the yolks should be runny), peel the eggs.
- Blanch the peas in boiling water, and cool.
- Put the herbs, pine nuts, parmesan, oil, garlic, lemon juice into a food processor and whiz to a coarse paste.
- Cut the potatoes into chunks (halve them if they are small) add the peas, dress with the herb dressing, add a dash of seasoning and serve warm.
Very good and refreshing salad. Served with chicken tenders for lunch. I cut recipe in half and still had plenty of herb-mix (pesto) will use them in sandwiches tomorrow :) Would be nice with pasta too. Thank you Tisme for posting recipe!