1 hr 5 mins
I saw this recipe being cooked on the cook and chef programe. This is a wonderful egg and bacon pie, soft in the centre, not at all rubbery like egg and bacon pies can be. I made mine in one medium tin, but this recipe is for 2 smaller spring form tins, but next time I will use 2 tins. You will love this egg and bacon pie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a food preocessor pulse the flour and butter to breadcrumb stage, add the oats and pulse again. Add 3/4 of the sour cream, salt and pulse, adding the rest of the sour cream as necessary to bring it all gently together. Rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- 2Line the base of 2 small spring form tins with baking paper and rub a little butter around the sides. Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface cut 2 even circles to line the bottom and side of the tins with. Place tins lined with pastry in the fridge and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- 3Mix 1 egg with the cream and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Place 2 rashers of bacon around the side of each tin, pour a little of the egg and cream mixture into the base, then crack 2 eggs into each tin, top with a little more egg & cream mixture and season with salt and pepper and top with chopped chives.
- 5Bake in an oven previously heated to 180C for 22-25 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven, and leave to set for a couple of minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon and Egg Pie
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1735.0
- Calories from Fat 1085
- Total Fat 120.6 g
- Saturated Fat 68.6 g
- Cholesterol 798.8 mg
- Sodium 1243.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 43.2 g