Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this recipe being cooked on the cook and chef programe. This is a wonderful egg and bacon pie, soft in the centre, not at all rubbery like egg and bacon pies can be. I made mine in one medium tin, but this recipe is for 2 smaller spring form tins, but next time I will use 2 tins. You will love this egg and bacon pie!
- Using a food preocessor pulse the flour and butter to breadcrumb stage, add the oats and pulse again. Add 3/4 of the sour cream, salt and pulse, adding the rest of the sour cream as necessary to bring it all gently together. Rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Line the base of 2 small spring form tins with baking paper and rub a little butter around the sides. Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface cut 2 even circles to line the bottom and side of the tins with. Place tins lined with pastry in the fridge and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix 1 egg with the cream and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place 2 rashers of bacon around the side of each tin, pour a little of the egg and cream mixture into the base, then crack 2 eggs into each tin, top with a little more egg & cream mixture and season with salt and pepper and top with chopped chives.
- Bake in an oven previously heated to 180C for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and leave to set for a couple of minutes before serving.