An easy, all in one breakfast that can be prepared ahead of time. Can be made for a couple or a baseball team with equal ease. I have had this recipe for years and still like it.
- Cut a circular slice from the top of each roll and reserve the cap.
- Scoop out the inside of the rolls, leaving a thin shell.
- Drop the spinach into boiling water for 1 minute and drain well.
- Saute the spinach in butter for 1 minute. Drain and divide into the rolls.
- Saute the bacon and onions until tender.
- Stir in the BBQ sauce and add the mixture to the rolls.
- Break an egg into each roll, top with grated cheese and replace the reserved caps.
- Wrap individually in foil and place them on a cookie sheet in a PREHEATED 375 degree oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing the foil.
- THESE CAN BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME DOWN TO STEP 6. WRAP IN FOIL AND SIMPLY ADD THE EGG AND CHEESE WHEN YOU ARE READY.