You can make this stuffing up to 2 days ahead and store in the fridge in an airtight container. Then reheat in the oven for 15 minutes before serving. As yet untested by me. From Super Food Ideas Christmas Special Dec 2006. NB Australian measurements: 1 cup = 250ml
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200C (390F).
- 2Using a large frying pan, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onions are soft. Add currants and cook another 3 minutes.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs and nuts in a large bowl and add bacon mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined (use your hands rather than a spoon or other utensil).
- 4Press mixture into lightly greased 1/3-cup muffin holes. Bake for 20-25 minutes - sutffin should be firm to touch in the centre and golden around the edges.
- 5Serve warm or at room temperature with turkey or pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Macadamia and Currant Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.2
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 533.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: