1/7 Photos of Baked Apples (With Chopped Hazelnuts)
Good old-fashioned baked apples. A great winter dessert and also gluten free. This recipe makes 6 baked apples. You can substitute different fruit and nut combinations, eg sultanas and sliced almonds. These are extremely hot when removed from the oven I usually allow them to sit for about 10 minutes. Any extra apples can be stored in the fridge and reheated in the microwave.
My Private Note
baked a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 50 g butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 teaspoons honey or 6 teaspoons golden syrup or 6 teaspoons pure maple syrup or 6 teaspoons rice syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C ( 350°F ).
- 2Core the apples, using an apple corer. If you dont have a corer, use a sharp knife leaving a wider opening at the top than at the bottom. There is no need to remove the apple skins.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, butter, hazelnuts, raisins, cinnamon and zest.
- 4Stuff the apples firmly with the fruit mixture. Pack the apples as much as possible and then pile any leftover mix into mounds on top of the apples.
- 5Place the apples into a baking dish, casserole or cake tin. Use a dish that fits them as snugly as possible-this will stop them from falling over. I usually use a pyrex pie/tart baking dish.
- 6Spoon 1 teaspoon of honey/syrup over each apple. I usually just guess the amount for each apple and use a pouring top bottle of honey. Pour the water into the bottom of the dish.
- 7Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the apples are soft.
- 8Serve drizzled with any syrup remaining in the bottom of the dish.
- 9Serve with cream, ice-cream or custard if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Apples (With Chopped Hazelnuts)
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 66.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 44.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g