A recipe I found from Heinz. A great different way to make savoury scrolls, and not hard at all. These are served hot but are just as nice cold and they make a great snack on the weekend. My kids even like these served warm for breakfast, topped with some grated cheese.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine the baked beans, cheese, salami and spring onions. Mix well, and set aside. ( I prefer to drain just some of the sauce from the baked beans).
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk. Mix slowly from the centre to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured board and knead the dough until smooth. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a rectangle shape (about 20cm x 30cm).
- Spoon over the bean mixture.
- From the long side, roll up in a scroll to firmly enclose the bean mixture. Cut the dough into 12 scrolls about 1/2cm thick. Place on a lined oven tray. Brush with extra milk. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve immediately.