I ate this when attending a weekend workshop, where it was served for lunch by the woman running the workshop, a naturopath and herbalist. It was so delicious that all the participants wanted a copy of the recipe. She served the loaf with her own tomato sauce. The ingredients blended together so well - and the texture and flavour was so delicious - that I would have been hard-pressed to have guessed all the ingredients. I only ate it warm, but my guess is that it would also be flavoursome cold with perhaps cucumber, sprouts or baby spinach leaves in a sandwich to take to work next day. I have since come across a similar recipe in an early 1990s Australian Women's Weekly recipe book.
- Combine first seven ingredients.
- Process tofu, egg and soy sauce and combine these with cashew and vegetable mixture.
- Lightly oil or line log tin with glad bake. Firmly press mixture into tin and bake at 190° C for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with tomato sauce and salad.
- Tomato Sauce: pasta sauce, tomato paste, basil and orange juice.