1/2 Photos of Baked Cauliflower & Cheese With Bacon
From an old Woolworths mag..this is such a great side, the bacon really adds a lovely depth of flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180.C.
- 2Grease a 6 cup baking dish.
- 3Cook Cauliflower in boiling salted water for 5 mins or until just tender, drain well & arrange in baking dish.
- 4Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook onion and half the bacon for 4 mins or until softened. Remove pan from heat, add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Return to heat & cook gently for 2 minutes.
- 5Gradually add milk, stirring continuously and bring to a boil. Add mustard, nutmeg, 1 cup cheese and season with salt & pepper. Stir until cheese has melted.
- 6Pour sauce over cauliflower & sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese. Bake for 15 mins or until golden.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cauliflower & Cheese With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.6
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.6 mg
- Sodium 624.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 21.7 g