We love these as an entree, but not when there's company, as we always eat every morsel off the bones. They are messy to eat but yummy! Prep time includes marinating of the quail.
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Add quail and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, place quail on rack over baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a moderate oven.
- Increase oven temperature to hot, cook for a further 10 minutes or until quail are crisp and tender.
Thank you for this recipe!
Yum! Not only was this recipe great on quail, but we loved the spicy and garlicy marinade so much, I used it on some boneless skinless chicken thighs and broiled them. They turned out wonderful as well. Thanks for posting this one - it's a keeper.
The quail looked beautiful but the marinade over powered the delicate flavor of the quail. I marinated them overnight perhaps if they had only been in the marinade for a couple of hours it would not have been so strong. The marinade has excellent flavor and I would use it on chicken just not on quail. Sorry Jan I love your recipes but this one was not for me