A simple baked vege side. The sweetness of the kumera and smoky flavour from the paprika makes for a tasty baked vege side dish. You can substitute butternut pumpkin (squash) for the kumera
- Preheat oven to 180°C /350°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and cut the kumera into 2.5cm /1 inch chunks.
- Place the pumpkin in a large bowl or plastic bag. Add the oil and toss to coat.
- Transfer the kumera chunks to the baking tray and sprinkle all sides with the sweet smoked paprika. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and tender.