Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Wish I owned this yummy recipe but acquired it some time ago from an Australian cooking show. The cheesecake and the rhubarb are a great combination. I have used GLUTEN FREE flour in the base. The Polenta makes a nice change from a cookie base.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl combine ½a cup of caster sugar, flour and polenta.
- Pour in melted butter and one egg white, rub together until combined.
- Grease a 24 cm spring form pan lightly and cover base and sides with baking paper.
- Press mixture evenly over base and to the top of the tin at the sides using a lightly floured hand to form a neat crust.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill and then bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl beat the cream- cheese, mascarpone and remaining sugar with electric mixer on low until smooth and well combined.
- Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time continuing to beat on a medium low speed.
- Add cream, vanilla, orange and lemon zests, beating until just combined.
- (Do not over beat or mixture will curdle).
- Pour into cooled shell and bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with stewed rhubarb and fresh cream.