1 hr 30 mins
Wish I owned this yummy recipe but acquired it some time ago from an Australian cooking show. The cheesecake and the rhubarb are a great combination. I have used GLUTEN FREE flour in the base. The Polenta makes a nice change from a cookie base.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2In a medium bowl combine ½a cup of caster sugar, flour and polenta.
- 3Pour in melted butter and one egg white, rub together until combined.
- 4Grease a 24 cm spring form pan lightly and cover base and sides with baking paper.
- 5Press mixture evenly over base and to the top of the tin at the sides using a lightly floured hand to form a neat crust.
- 6Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill and then bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 7Set aside to cool.
- 8Reduce oven to 160°C.
- 9In a large bowl beat the cream- cheese, mascarpone and remaining sugar with electric mixer on low until smooth and well combined.
- 10Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time continuing to beat on a medium low speed.
- 11Add cream, vanilla, orange and lemon zests, beating until just combined.
- 12(Do not over beat or mixture will curdle).
- 13Pour into cooled shell and bake for 1 hour or until set.
- 14Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- 15Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 16Serve with stewed rhubarb and fresh cream.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Mascarpone Cheesecake with Stewed Rhubarb
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.5
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 309.2 mg
- Sodium 384.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of
lemons, zest of