1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Perfect Pixie's Note:
We were at a friends last night and my mum was saying how she longs for the recipe books we left in New Zealand. Our friend happened to have some and mum was speechless, this recipe is one mum used to make and i LOVE it to pieces. i am posting it so i have it for when we give the book back. it's from a Australian womans weekly. these recipes never fail
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1bring water and salt to the boil.
- 2gradually add rice.
- 3boil rapidly uncovered 10 minutes.
- 4drain well.
- 5beat eggs, sugar and vanilla together, add rice and sultanas.
- 6add milk gradually, stir to combine.
- 7pour into ovenproof dish.
- 8stand in baking dish with enough water to come up sides of the dish.
- 9bake in moderate oven 35 minutes.
- 10slip a long fork under the skin that has formed on top, stir gently to distribute rice evenly.
- 11reduce heat to mederalty slow. bake a further 15 minutes then stir with a fork again.
- 12cook further 15 to 20 minutes, or until set.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Rice Custard
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 179.9 mg
- Sodium 169.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: