Tuna stuffed tomatoes baked in the oven. A great meal if served with a salad or veges, or great as an entree. Makes 8
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomatoe. Set aside for later use.
- Scoop out the tomato flesh. Roughly chop the flesh.
- Place the tomato shells into a greased ceramic or glass dish.
- In a medium bowl- combine the cream heese, lemon rind and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and mix until well combined. Stir in half of the tomato flesh, tuna, onions and the mint.
- Spoon the mixture into the tomatoe shells. Replace tomato tops. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake approx 35 minutes or until the tomatoes are just tender. Do not overbake as the tomatos will collapse and not hold their shape.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.