1/1 Photo of Baked Tuna Filled Tomatoes
Tuna stuffed tomatoes baked in the oven. A great meal if served with a salad or veges, or great as an entree. Makes 8
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomatoe. Set aside for later use.
- 3Scoop out the tomato flesh. Roughly chop the flesh.
- 4Place the tomato shells into a greased ceramic or glass dish.
- 5In a medium bowl- combine the cream heese, lemon rind and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and mix until well combined. Stir in half of the tomato flesh, tuna, onions and the mint.
- 6Spoon the mixture into the tomatoe shells. Replace tomato tops. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Bake approx 35 minutes or until the tomatoes are just tender. Do not overbake as the tomatos will collapse and not hold their shape.
- 8Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tuna Filled Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.7
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 74.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14.8 g