Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This makes a delicious vegetarian main course or a tasty side dish. Once you get the hang of this it's really easy to put together.
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 250 g broccoli, chopped
- 2 medium red peppers, sliced
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Grease a deep 22cm round cake pan and cover the base with baking paper.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the potatoes and onion and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are just soft.
- Lightly steam the broccoli and peppers.
- Combine potato mixture with the broccoli and peppers and pour into the prepared pan.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the vegetables in the pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes or until set and cooked.
- Stand 10 minutes before turning out of pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a salad or as a side for chicken or fish.
Dale, I made this for my first ever Frittata and it was fabulous. Great colour and texture. We all loved it. Next time I might add garlic and season it.
I made this frittata and it is awesome. I used 1/2 cup parmesan cheese instead of 1/4 cup of two different cheeses and it was still great. It is great as leftovers too
Dale, I made this frittata for a family brunch and it was a big, big hit. I used it as the main event. Very colorful and spongy texture. I used cheddar cheese as the other cheese. A bonafide keeper. Thanks!