Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the Australian Women's Weekly Christmas Cooking.
Make and share this Balsamic Glazed Baby Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb baby onion, halved
- Combine vinegar, mustard and honey in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until glaze thickens.
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook onion, brushing constantly with glaze, stirring, until browned and cooked to desired doneness.
Another great side dish! I love the mix of sweetness from the honey, with the acidity from the balsamic vinegar. It goes well on its own as well as in a salad.
Outstanding! I am always looking for new vegetable recipes that the whole family will enjoy. This recipe is easy to make and the flavor is wonderful I used 10 ounces of pearl onions which I boiled for 3 minutes and then peeled. I served with Black Cherry Pork Tenderloin (The Mid-Atlantic). Thank you for a great recipe! Made for PRMR.
ACE!!!!!!!!!!! These are so delicious. I kept the onions whole. I steamed them for a couple minutes and then used the oil but was finding the sauce just slipping off when I was basting so I just poured the sauce over and let it reduce that way. We had guest for dinner and there was almost a fight over who got that last couple onions. Definite keeper. Made for the Aus/NZ region for ZWT 5 for team Zaar Chow Hounds.