omeomy #2's Note:
Nice change from the usual. Note on frozen bananas: we toss overripe bananas directly into the freezer, skin on. They will keep for a few months, however the skins will turn black and they will be mushy when thawed. This is also good when subbing dried apricots for the apple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (not melted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice (or your favorite spice)
- 3 -4 frozen bananas, thawed for 5-10 mins
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried apple, chopped fairly fine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (185°C).
- 2Butter and flour a loaf pan.
- 3Scrape bananas from their skins, mash and pour lemon juice over.
- 4Cream butter and sugars til light, add eggs and vanilla, beat until fluffy.
- 5Fold in sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- 6Fold in bananas, apples and nuts.
- 7Mixture should be pretty thick (should "plop" by spoonfuls, not pour) if it seems too thin, sift flour by teaspoonfuls over mixture and stir.
- 8Spoon into pan, thump bottom of pan on bench a few times to settle, smooth top and bake for 50 minutes. Top should be golden brown and sound hollow when lightly thumped.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Apple Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4286.2
- Calories from Fat 1679
- Total Fat 186.6 g
- Saturated Fat 70.3 g
- Cholesterol 675.5 mg
- Sodium 2440.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 629.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.6 g
- Sugars 379.7 g
- Protein 55.7 g