1/3 Photos of Banana Caramel Loaf
Am posting this to try for when banana's come down in price, which is not too far away! Found this recipe in the paper and I can't wait to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, large & ripe & mashed (you need 1 cup)
CARAMEL ICING INGREDIENTS
- 1Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan-forced.
- 2Lightly grease a 6cm-deep, 10cm x 20cm (base) loaf pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at long ends.
- 3Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, add sugar and stir to combine. Place milk, eggs and vanilla in a jug and whisk to combine.
- 4Fold milk mixture and banana into flour mixture and pour into a prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- 6Stand cake in pan for 10 minutes.
- 7Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
- 8To make the icing: Place the brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes (don't boil) or until sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium. and bring to boil.
- 9Reduce heat to low. and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 10Remove from heat. Stir in icing sugar until smooth.
- 11Cool for 10 minutes the spread loaf with icing.
Browse Our Top Bananas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Caramel Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.1
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 575.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
powdered sugar icing