1/1 Photo of Banana Curry. (Vegetarian.)
Chef #227493's Note:
My Grandparents owned a banana plantation near the Queensland border, and as such I was fortunate to acquire some banana recipes that are just that much different. This is a great dish winter or summer, and I find it quick and easy to prepare, and a total change for your taste buds. As with most curry recipes, the chilli and curry powder can be adjusted to suit your own likes. On occasions I also add a side dish of salad, particularly if it is served as a main meal. John Connolly Lake Munmorah Australia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 2 peeled and coarsely grated cooking apples
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely chopped red chile
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 1/2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 bananas
- 2 cups boiled rice, for serving
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, for serving
- 1Brown the onion in the butter, then add the curry powder and fry for for a few more minutes.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients, except for the bananas, cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Halve the bananas, and pack them down into the sauce, and continue to simmer with the lid on till be bananas become soft, (about 5 minutes).
- 4Serve on a bed of rice, garnished with the hard boild eggs.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Curry. (Vegetarian.)
Serving Size: 1 (936 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1272.2
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 242.5 mg
- Sodium 453.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 254.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.6 g
- Sugars 56.8 g
- Protein 24.1 g