1/15 Photos of Banana, Lime and Coconut Cake (Australia)
1 hr 10 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found at www.sydneymarkets.com.au & is posted here for the Zaar World Tour 5. [NOTE: The recipe was edited on 17 May as per Tinkerbell's review!}
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lime, zest of, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 bananas (large, very ripe, mashed)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
FOR THE ICING
- 1FOR THE CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 9-inch springform pan & line it with parchment paper.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine eggs, zest, lime juice, buttermilk & mashed bananas, then whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
- 4Add banana mixture & beat on low until combined.
- 5In another bowl, whisk together the flour & baking soda, then add this to the banana/buttermilk mixture, whisking until well combined.
- 6With a large metal spoon, gently fold in only half of the coconut untl just combined.
- 7Spoon the batter into the prepared springform pan & bake for 50 minutes or until golden & a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove the springform sides before transferring the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 9Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, toast the remaining 1/3 cup of shredded coconut, stirring constantly, until golden in color, then remove from the heat.
- 10FOR THE ICING: In a bowl & using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese & powdered sugar, & beat until smooth.
- 11Spread over the cake, then sprinkle with the toasted coconut before slicing & serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana, Lime and Coconut Cake (Australia)
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.1
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.1 mg
- Sodium 228.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 62.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g