1 hr 5 mins
This is a dairy-free and very easy version of this recipe. Beautiful sliced, served warm or cold with margarine or butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large bananas, well mashed (very ripe ones are best)
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, very coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup oil (I used rice bran oil)
- 1/2 cup rice milk (or your milk of choice) or 1/2 cup soymilk (or your milk of choice)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C and grease/line a 21 by 11 cm loaf tin.
- 2Mix bananas and eggs together in large bowl.
- 3In another bowl, sift together the flour, sugars, salt and bicarb soda.
- 4Tip flour mix into banana/egg mix, add macadamias, oil and milk and mix well.
- 5Spoon mixture into prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown on top and cooked inside (a skewer into the centre emerges clean).
- 6Remove from pan to wire rack to cool.
- 7Keeps well for several days in a sealed container.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Macadamia Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1085 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3458.7
- Calories from Fat 1570
- Total Fat 174.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 3807.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 444.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.1 g
- Sugars 191.4 g
- Protein 48.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: