Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a dairy-free and very easy version of this recipe. Beautiful sliced, served warm or cold with margarine or butter.
- 3 large bananas, well mashed (very ripe ones are best)
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, very coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oil (I used rice bran oil)
- 1⁄2 cup rice milk (or your milk of choice) or 1⁄2 cup soymilk (or your milk of choice)
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease/line a 21 by 11 cm loaf tin.
- Mix bananas and eggs together in large bowl.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, sugars, salt and bicarb soda.
- Tip flour mix into banana/egg mix, add macadamias, oil and milk and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown on top and cooked inside (a skewer into the centre emerges clean).
- Remove from pan to wire rack to cool.
- Keeps well for several days in a sealed container.
This was so easy to make and the nuts made a lovely change from the usual walnuts used in banana breads. Into my 'keepers' file it goes :)