1/6 Photos of Barbara's Chicken Dish
My mate Barb makes this wonderful dish brilliantly, even after half a bottle of white wine:) you can add tomato paste if you like, or even chopped capsicum or mushrooms. This dish is fine with just wine and water, but much much better with well flavoured chicken stock. I like to use about 1/2 cup of stock that I get when I do chinese chicken wings. You can use lite sour cream for this dish, but the sauce with most likely seperate, still tastes great though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan.
- 2add the chicken, (cut in bite sized pieces) and the chopped onion.
- 3stir for about 2 minutes.
- 4add the garlic, and continue cooking till the chicken is golden.
- 5add the white wine.
- 6add the tomatos.
- 7add the stock or water.
- 8simmer until chicken is cooked and the sauce is reduced.(thats why you use a LARGE pan.).
- 9when done, salt and cracked pepper to taste, turn off heat and cover.
- 10when ready to serve, re-heat, stir in the sour cream, but dont re-boil.
- 11serve over pasta, (I like curls) with a green salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbara's Chicken Dish
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.6
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 163.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g