My mate Barb makes this wonderful dish brilliantly, even after half a bottle of white wine:) you can add tomato paste if you like, or even chopped capsicum or mushrooms. This dish is fine with just wine and water, but much much better with well flavoured chicken stock. I like to use about 1/2 cup of stock that I get when I do chinese chicken wings. You can use lite sour cream for this dish, but the sauce with most likely seperate, still tastes great though.
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan.
- add the chicken, (cut in bite sized pieces) and the chopped onion.
- stir for about 2 minutes.
- add the garlic, and continue cooking till the chicken is golden.
- add the white wine.
- add the tomatos.
- add the stock or water.
- simmer until chicken is cooked and the sauce is reduced.(thats why you use a LARGE pan.).
- when done, salt and cracked pepper to taste, turn off heat and cover.
- when ready to serve, re-heat, stir in the sour cream, but dont re-boil.
- serve over pasta, (I like curls) with a green salad.
Made this for dinner tonight. It was quick and simple to put together and was delicious over rice. Best of all it was well received by all four of my kids. I will definitely be making this again in the future. Made and reviewed for AUS/NZ Swap #72.
This recipe made a pleasant and quick dinner for my family. I followed the recipe but thought it was slightly lacking on seasoning. I wound up adding some red pepper flakes, basil and dill and it turned out good. I let the stock cook down into almost nothing before adding the sour cream and it was still slightly watery so next time I will wait until it is completely reduced before adding the sour cream. The chicken really soaked up the flavors in the sauce and my two-year-old ate more of that than he did the pasta, which never happens. I think next time I will double the amount of sauce ingredients, except for the chicken and sour cream so we have a bit more and I will definitely add the extra spices. Thanks for posting! We enjoyed it.
This was a nice simple chicken dish. It definitely needs the pasta to absorb some of the sauce, it tastes great on the pasta. Thanks for a great chicken dish.