My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 Thai red chili peppers, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fish sauce, to taste
- 2/3 cup lime juice, to taste
- 4 teaspoons palm sugar, to taste
- 500 g lamb, eye of short loin
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorns, ground
- 100 g mixed salad greens
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, julienned
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaf
- 1 cup bean thread vermicelli, soaked
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts, roasted
- 2 tablespoons shallots, crispy-fried
- 1To make the dressing, in a mortar, pound the red chillies and garlic to a paste.
- 2Transfer to a bowl and add the red onion, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar to taste. Stir well to mix.
- 3Adjust the flavours so that the sauce is equally salty and sour with a light touch of sweetness.
- 4Let the sauce sit for at least 15 minutes before using to allow the flavours to amalgamate.
- 5Rub lamb with oyster sauce and white peppercorns. Cook on a hot, lightly oiled barbecue to medium rare or about 5-7 minutes, then rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Slice the lamb thinly and place in a large mixing bowl with the salad greens, onion, capsicum, cucumber, mint and noodles.
- 7Toss gently with the dressing and pile onto a serving plate.
- 8Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and crispy shallots.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Lamb Salad With Thai Lime and Chilli Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.2
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 1809.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
bean thread vermicelli