Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A tasty marinade for prawns (shrimp) especially for your BBQ from the Australian Barbecue Kettle Cookbook. Preparation time does not include time to marinate.
- 1 kg fresh large green shrimp, 2 lbs (shrimps)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Shell and wash the prawns leaving the tails intact.
- Combine all ingredients except prawns, mixing well, in a bowl.
- Add prawns, cover and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from marinade.
- Cook in the BBQ with lid on for 8-15 minutes, or until cooked through (DO NOT OVERCOOK), depending on size.
This was okay, but too salty. And I used low sodium soy sauce. If the salt could be toned down, I would give this 5 stars - the other marinade flavors were really good. I used shrimp and scallops and otherwise they both turned out fine.
I had only 1 lb of shrimps so I did half the marinade. I was out of green onions so I had to omit it :( I liked the taste of sesame oil. I used garlic powder instead of garlic. I cooked the shrimps in a skillet cause my barbecue is under snow. Thanks Jewelies :) Made for zaar star game.
I love it! Had to put it in skewers so that the shape can hold in the grill but otherwise it turned out great!