Rhiannon and Matt's Note:
This looks like a simple, tasty side dish. You can prepare the chilli-herb butter the night before and I suppose you could make it for jacket potatoes too. This recipe comes from Australian Good Taste magazine, Dec 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- 125 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh continental fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 long fresh red chili, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Cook the corn in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- 2Combine butter, coriander, parsley, chilli, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Spoon along the centre of a piece of baking paper to form a log.
- 3Roll up and twist the ends to secure, then place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
- 4Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high.
- 5Halve corncobs lengthways and brush with oil.
- 6Cook on grill, turning, for 10 minutes.
- 7Thinly slice the chilli-herb butter long-ways.
- 8Place the corn in a serving dish and top with the chilli-herb butter slices to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Corn With Chilli-Herb Butter
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.6
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 17.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: