Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
This looks like a simple, tasty side dish. You can prepare the chilli-herb butter the night before and I suppose you could make it for jacket potatoes too. This recipe comes from Australian Good Taste magazine, Dec 2008.
- 6 ears of corn, husks and silk removed
- 125 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh continental fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 long fresh red chili, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook the corn in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Combine butter, coriander, parsley, chilli, garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Spoon along the centre of a piece of baking paper to form a log.
- Roll up and twist the ends to secure, then place in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high.
- Halve corncobs lengthways and brush with oil.
- Cook on grill, turning, for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the chilli-herb butter long-ways.
- Place the corn in a serving dish and top with the chilli-herb butter slices to serve.