1/3 Photos of Barbecued Snapper With Butter and Lemon
Looking for fish recipes for the barbie for when we go on holiday next year. This one is from Super Food Ideas. The recipe just specified whole baby snapper, not necessary just red snapper. NOTE - you could use a 1.5kl whole snapper and allow for 20 to 30 minutes to cook through, turning half way through the cooking time.
My Private Note
whole f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a barbecue on medium high heat with hood closed.
- 2Rinse fish inside and out under cold running water and pat dry with paper towel.
- 3Make 3 shallow cuts, in the thickest part of each side of the fish.
- 4Divide lemon and parsley between each fish's cavity.
- 5Divide 1/8th of the butter in the cavities and the remainder divide and dot on the top of each fish and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Place 1 piece baking paper in centre of 1 piece of foil (needs to be more that twice the length of the fish), place fish on top.
- 7Bring 2 sides of foil up towards the centre and fold foil edges to create a seal.
- 8Roll up remaining ends of foil to enclose the fish.
- 9Repeat wrapping process with other 3 fish.
- 10Barbecue fish, with hood closed for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- 11Suggested you serve with steamed baby potatoes, parsley and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Snapper With Butter and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.3
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 201.4 mg
- Sodium 435.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 82.6 g