Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I found this in the paper, and would really like to try this over summer. This is a time saving way of making mayonnaise and the recipe states -- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is too strong to use. A better choice is regular Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil. This recipe also lists a few alternative uses for the mayonnaise. The mayonnaise can be used for salads making into dips or spread on sandwiches. Or wherever your imagination may take you! Additional recipes below for To make a Remoulade Sauce and/or Mango--Curry Sauce, using this Mayo.
- Put the egg yolks, mustard, salt and pepper, vinegar and lemon juice into a blender.
- Blend well and with the motor running, add the oil in a steady stream, until the oil has been absorbed.
- Stop the motor immediately the mixture thickens, even if all the oil has not been added.
- Stir in the hot water.
- Cool and serve .
- To make a Remoulade Sauce~ Great for Fish or Chicken~ To 1/2 cup mayo fold in 1 tbls diced capers, 1/4 cup diced dill gherkins, 1 tbsp parsley chopped, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/4 cup diced or grated, hard boiled egg.
- To make a Mango~Curry Sauce ~ Great with Shellfish, Pork and Chicken~.
- To 1 cup Mayo fold in 2/3 cup drained, canned Mango puree, chopped (or you can use very ripe fresh Mango). 1-2 tsp curry powder and 3 tsp lemon juice.