1/1 Photo of Basic Roasted Beetroot
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Roasted beetroot. Roasting beetroot brings out it's flavour. This is far better than any tinned beetroot that you will buy. Roast beetroot with the skin and tops on then leave to cool. The skin will fall away leaving a brilliant red bulb. Use gloved hands to peel the beetroot or you will find that your hands will be stained from the red beetroot juice. If you use larger beetroot- add in some cooking time. The easiest is to try for beetroot that are similar in size.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- 2Wash the beetroot and trim the top and bottom of the root without damaging the skin too much.
- 3Place on a baking tray with the oil and water. Tightly cover the baking tray with foil.
- 4Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the beetroot is tender. Check after 25 minutes and baste with the liquid to ensure they don't dry out (add more water to the tray if required).
- 5Set aside to cool before peeling off the skin - wear gloves to protect your hands from staining. Slice or cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Roasted Beetroot
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g