1/1 Photo of BBQ Chicken Breast With Zucchini Sauce
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Sounds yummy! I haven't made this yet but when I do, I'll certainly be using home made chicken stock rather than water in the zucchini sauce. It makes sense that it's going to be more flavoursome; and I'll probably using slightly less than the 300ml specified (300ml = approximately 11/4 cups) so that I can add a little white wine, or champagne. Adapted from Neil Perry's recipe from Fresh And Fast, which I found on the Lifestyle Food Channel website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 3 large zucchini, sliced 1/2cm thick
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 300 ml water (homemade chicken stock preferred, see also the suggestion for adding wine in the description above) or 300 ml chicken stock (homemade chicken stock preferred, see also the suggestion for adding wine in the description above)
- 50 g softened butter
- 1Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large (preferably non-stick) pan.
- 2Add the garlic and sea salt and sauté for a couple of minutes, until the garlic has softened.
- 3Add the zucchini and a little more salt and continue sautéing, stirring continuously.
- 4Add the water or stock (or stock and wine)and allow the contents of the pan to simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, until the zucchini is well softened.
- 5Remove half the zucchini from the pan and blend it roughly with the butter. Return this to the pan and add pepper, salt and a dash more olive oil.
- 6Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken breasts well with salt and extra virgin olive oil and chargrill them for a couple of minutes on each each side to produce a criss-cross effect. Add another dash of salt to the chicken breasts when you turn them. This melts into the meat as it rests. Rest the chicken breasts for 2 minutes.
- 7Spoon the zucchini sauce onto the two plates and serve the chicken over the top with a dash of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Breast With Zucchini Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.4
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 221.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets