Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
A very simple marinade....fantastic results. You can either serve the chicken breasts whole or sliced into large pieces. This recipe will marinate 6 chicken breasts(of course you can use other cuts of chicken) To make this dish gluten free ensure the soy sauce used is labelled as GF. Currently Fountain brand is GF in Australia, also many tamaris and some Japanese soy sauces.
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cm piece gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped (can be grated)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (can be grated)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Melt the honey and the soy sauce together- I use the microwave for this.
- Stir in all of the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a baking dish or tin.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and then turn the chicken over to coat thoroughly in the marinade.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for two hours in the refrigerator. Turn the chicken occasionally.
- If you are picnicing you can marinate the chicken in a large tupperware container and keep it stored in your esky.
- Cook the chicken on the BBQ plate or grill -5 to 7 minutes on each side shoud be about right. You can baste the chicken with some of the marinade in the first few minutes of cooking.
- NOTE: Cooking time includes marinating time.
My best friend makes this recipe all the time, yet she doesn't add the wine. After seeing your recipe I'm excited to borrow some of my wine. It really makes the best moist BBQ chicken and great to impress guests.
I loved this grilled chicken marinade. I tenderized the chicken and then marinated it for two hours. I grilled it over low heat and the chicken turned out perfectly...it was tender, juicy, and full of flavor. Recipenapped for June 2011 Aus/NZ Swap.
Great grilled chicken! I marinated for about 3 1/2 hours, using boneless skinless breasts, and they came out very moist and flavorful. Easy to make with staple ingredients - thanks for sharing the recipe!