Cook2 hrs 20 mins
A very simple marinade....fantastic results. You can either serve the chicken breasts whole or sliced into large pieces. This recipe will marinate 6 chicken breasts(of course you can use other cuts of chicken) To make this dish gluten free ensure the soy sauce used is labelled as GF. Currently Fountain brand is GF in Australia, also many tamaris and some Japanese soy sauces.
- Melt the honey and the soy sauce together- I use the microwave for this.
- Stir in all of the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a baking dish or tin.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and then turn the chicken over to coat thoroughly in the marinade.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for two hours in the refrigerator. Turn the chicken occasionally.
- If you are picnicing you can marinate the chicken in a large tupperware container and keep it stored in your esky.
- Cook the chicken on the BBQ plate or grill -5 to 7 minutes on each side shoud be about right. You can baste the chicken with some of the marinade in the first few minutes of cooking.
- NOTE: Cooking time includes marinating time.