1/1 Photo of BBQ Morton Bay Bugs or Lobster Tails
Peter J's Note:
Adaptation of a BBC recipe I found. Morton Bay bugs are probably only available in Australia but small lobster tails would also be suitable (or one large lobster tail).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch bugs in a small pot of water containing the teaspoon of salt for around two minutes.
- 2Remove the tails ny tearing from the body as close as possible to the head without bringing any organs along.
- 3Run a knife down the length of the belly of the tail and remove the thin sections to either side.
- 4Melt butter by microwaving in a cup for 30 seconds or so.
- 5Add parsley, chilli sauce, crushed garlic, chilli flakes and pepper and mix well.
- 6Fill bug tails with plenty of the mixture.
- 7Place tails shell side down over BBQ grill plate and cook around 10 minutes over medium heat.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Morton Bay Bugs or Lobster Tails
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.4
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.6 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 2761.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: