Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fruit dessert that is so simple to make. Use a gridle, frying pan or BBQ to cook your peaches. If using a BBQ lay down some aluminium foil and have your heat very low. You can also use the aluminium disposable trays to cook the peaches in for the BBQ.
- 4 ripe firm peaches
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon rice syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon light olive oil
- 40 g crushed pecan nuts (1 1/2 ounces) or 40 g sliced almonds, toasted (1 1/2 ounces)
- Halve the peaches and remove and discard the stones. Cut the peaches into thick slices. There's no need to remove the skins but you can if you wish to.
- Heat the oil. Add the peaches and cook 3-5 minutes on each side. They should start to caramelise.
- Sprinkle with the toasted nuts and serve. You can drizzle a little maple syrup around the plate if you wish.
Great flavor! These peaches would be good on top of a slice of pound cake or toast. An easy and quick dish to prepare. I used the pecans rather than almonds and did not toast them. Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #41 June 2010.
When I'd tagged this recipe I had not great hope of finding acceptable fresh peaches in my area, but surprise of surprises, I did & this recipe gave me AN OUTSTANDINGLY GREAT TASTING PEACH DISH! I used a generous measure of sliced almonds! An absolutely wonderful recipe to keep on hand! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #34]