Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adapted this from a recipe I found on a fishing site. Originally it involved steaming the oysters and preparing the sauce seperately, but I don't see any point in extra washing up when the oysters already have their own little cooking vessel attached! I also adjusted some quantities that seemed a little high in the original recipe.
- 12 oysters
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, diced into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons ginger, crushed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- pepper, to taste
- Shuck oysters retaining lower half of shell.
- Mix all other ingredients in a small mixing bowl and top over each oyster.
- Cook over medium BBQ grill (preferably with hood down) around 10 minutes or until butter has melted and things are bubbling away.
Yum! A real smart way of cooking Oysters, Thanks for the recipe Pete.