Makes a nice change to normal potato salad to serve with BBQ'd meats etc..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs orange sweet potatoes, cut into slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1Simmer the sweet potato slices in salted water for about 5 minutes until only just turning tender (they cook quicker than ordinary potatoes). Drain, cool, then toss with 2 tbs olive oil and season.
- 2Heat the barbecue and cook the sweet potato slices for a few minutes each side, carefully turning only once, until completely tender and very chargrilled.
- 3Toss the spinach, pine nuts and red onion together and scatter over a large serving platter. Top with the feta.
- 4Whisk the balsamic, 1 tbsp olive oil, honey and mustard together and season well.
- 5Pile the sweet potato on top of the salad and drizzle with the dressing.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Sweet Potato & Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.5
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 704.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper
coarse grain mustard