Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Makes a nice change to normal potato salad to serve with BBQ'd meats etc..
Make and share this BBQ Sweet Potato & Feta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs orange sweet potatoes, cut into slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- Simmer the sweet potato slices in salted water for about 5 minutes until only just turning tender (they cook quicker than ordinary potatoes). Drain, cool, then toss with 2 tbs olive oil and season.
- Heat the barbecue and cook the sweet potato slices for a few minutes each side, carefully turning only once, until completely tender and very chargrilled.
- Toss the spinach, pine nuts and red onion together and scatter over a large serving platter. Top with the feta.
- Whisk the balsamic, 1 tbsp olive oil, honey and mustard together and season well.
- Pile the sweet potato on top of the salad and drizzle with the dressing.