1/4 Photos of BBQd Bacon-Wrapped Pork Fillet
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Pork fillet smothered in roasted garlic alfredo sauce (see notes), wrapped in bacon and cooked on the barbecue. When it's time for BBQs, delicious! Adjust the amount of garlic to taste; adding garlic is one of several changes I made to the recipe. Adapted from a recipe I received by email from the Simply Great Meals Recipe Club.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the pork fillet into a shallow dish. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with dried sage and chopped garlic. Pour the roasted garlic alfredo sauce over the meat, cover and refrigerate for four hours or preferably over night.
- 2Cut each of the slices of bacon into halves lengthwise. Plait these strips around the pork in a criss-cross pattern. Reserve the marinade for heating and serving with the pork.
- 3Cook the bacon wrapped pork fillet on a heated barbecue on a medium heat for approximately 30 minutes or until the pork is cooked through, turning halfway through cooking.
- 4Place the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, add 1/4 cup of wine and simmer for an extra minute and serve with the sliced pork as a sauce.
- 5Notes: The original recipe specified Leggo's Stir Through Sauce - Roasted Tomato & Bacon, but Zaar was unable to recognise this as an ingredient. The closest acceptable ingredient I could find was roasted garlic alfredo sauce. Use whatever equivalent to one of these is available in your region. The pork can be cooked in a conventional oven at 180ºC for 40 minutes or in an outdoor kettle oven following manufacturer's weight for cooking time.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQd Bacon-Wrapped Pork Fillet
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.0
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 123.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted garlic alfredo sauce