2 hrs 40 mins
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
A delicous combination of flavours for a special dinner. This is a more complicated dish I serve to company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 red capsicum, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 4 red chilies
- 2 slices white bread
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 600 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled and deseeded
- 2 red onions, peeled
- 3 cardamom pods, split
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 swordfish steaks
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1To make gazpacho oil:.
- 2Roughly chop tomatoes, onion, garlic, capsicum, cucumber, chillis and bread and place in bowl.
- 3Pour over vinegar and toss well and marinate for 2 hours, then puree in blender until smooth.
- 4Gradually whisk in olive oil.
- 5Add parsely and season.
- 6To make salsa:.
- 7Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- 8Cut pumpkin and onion into 1cm cubes.
- 9Toss pumpkin with cardamom pods, cardamom spice, ginger, garlic and olive oil.
- 10Place on baking tray and roast in oven turning frequently until pumpkin is nearly cooked, then add onion ofr the last 5 to 10 minutes to brown.
- 11Add salt and pepper and toss well.
- 12To cook fish:.
- 13Lightly season fish and cook over hot barbeque until cooked to your liking 5-10 minutes each side.
- 14To serve:.
- 15Place two large spoonfuls of salsa in middle of plate. Place fish on top and drizzle gazpacho oil over and around plate.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQd Swordfish Steaks, Cardamom Pumpkin and Onion Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1532.7
- Calories from Fat 1317
- Total Fat 146.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 226.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar