Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
This also makes a great nachos when spread over the chips and cheese is added and baked. This is a simple recipe that my mum taught me and has been a hit at every single party I have taken it too. Can be made in advance and eaten cold or just eat it straight from the saucepan!
- 1 can tomato soup (normal or cream of)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 can red kidney beans
- Place all ingredients in a non-stick saucepan and stirring constantly bring to the boil.
- Once boiled reduce to a simmer and cover for about 20 mins stirring frequently, or until thick.
- Once cooled a little bit it will thicken a little more.
- Be careful it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Use anything you like to dip with but I prefer corn chips.
This was okay but it was much too salty for us. I wouldn't make it again. It might work better using lower-sodium ingredients, though.
So simple, easy, and tasty! Wont be buying the bean dip at the grocery store anymore, a definite keeper.