From my recipe box - an old favourite. I use them as hors d'ouvres, entree or snack, or I accompany them with some asian-style soup as a main - like Tom Yum soup or Chicken and Sweet Corn soup. They are quick and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 150 g green beans
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 chili, finely chopped (or leave out altogether if you don't like heat)
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (or regular, if preferred)
- 1 egg, quickly whisked with fork
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1Put noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water, allow to stand for 5 minutes, drain and return to bowl. Snip with kitchen scissors to 1 or 1+1/2 inch lengths.
- 2Slice the green beans finely into thin rounds, add to noodles.
- 3Add garlic, ginger, chilli, soy sauce, egg and cornflour.
- 4Mix until well combined.
- 5Heat oil in a large heavy-based frypan over medium heat. When hot, add large spoonsful of mixture. Cook cakes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 6Transfer cakes when cooked onto kitchen paper, cover to keep warm until mixture is all used up.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean Noodle Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 20.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vermicelli rice noodles
sweet soy sauce