1/4 Photos of Bed and Breakfast Spiced Pumpkin Scones With Honey Butter
French Tart's Note:
Gorgeous spiced pumpkin scones with honey butter - what a treat for the tea-time table during autumn and winter. I have made these twice now and love the combination of the honey butter with the scones, although they are also delicious with plain unsalted butter. This recipe came from an Australian "Olive" magazine that was sent to me, apparently, Queensland is famous for its blue pumpkins where this recipe originates from - I added the spices as well as the honey butter! A wonderful recipe for the cooler months, but as it uses tinned or frozen pumpkin, these can be made all year around. If you don't want to serve these with the honey butter, just split them whilst warm and spread with normal butter or cream. Mixed spice is a British spice mixture, I have a recipe for this on RZ: Mixed Spice - Traditional Old Fashioned English Pudding Spice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 g pumpkin puree (canned, frozen or fresh)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon mixed spice (If no mixed spice is available, use a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.)
- 250 g self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar, then beat in egg, pumpkin puree and 4 tablespoons milk until smooth. Add the mixed spice to the pumpkin mixture, taste and adjust the spices to taste. Stir in flour until a dough forms, then knead a few times on a well floured surface until the dough holds together. Add more flour if dough is too wet or sticky.
- 3Press the dough into a flat circle 1 to 1.5cm thick. Cut into 6 wedges, place onto greased baking tray, and brush the tops with 2 tablespoons of milk.
- 4Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top and bottom, 10 to 15 minutes. Once done, wrap scones with a clean tea towel and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving with the honey butter.
- 5Honey Butter: Mix the butter and honey together, adding the honey a spoon at a time until the right consistency is achieved. Mix well. Best served fresh with the pumpkin scones.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bed and Breakfast Spiced Pumpkin Scones With Honey Butter
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.6
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 90.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: