1/1 Photo of Bedded Smoked Cod and Calamari
I love this dish because I am a huge fan of seafood especially smoked cod. I am on a lifestyle program of low carbs so I came up with this meal from a list of things I can eat. I hope you like it. Tip: if you are on a lifestyle program then I believe presentation is everything, so treat yourself to a restaurant dinner every night--you deserve it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place milk shallots and water into frying pan bring to the boil. Add cod for 5 minutes then remove it. Take milk off the stove and stirring constantly add cheese, then peppers. Simmer off the stove. Replace cod to continue cooking slowly.
- 2Prepare asparagus by bending the stem and where it snaps discard the bottom bit (too woody).
- 3In a small saucepan boil water then add asparagus and sea salt.
- 4Boil for only 2 minutes then remove from water.
- 5Prepare lettuce by shredding it.
- 6Cut small tomatoes into 4 pieces.
- 7Cook calamari in olive oil and lemon juice and pepper in a very hot skillet or frying pan for only 3 minutes.
- 8Presentation: Place shredded lettuce on large plate first.
- 9Then criss cross asparagus on top, spears out.
- 10Place smoked cod on top of asparagus.
- 11Then layer calamari over fish in a line.
- 12Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of cheese sauce over whole meal.
- 13Cracked pepper and salt if desired over that.
- 14For personal interest this recipe has 9g carbs in it.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bedded Smoked Cod and Calamari
Serving Size: 1 (1101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1036.1
- Calories from Fat 859
- Total Fat 95.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 1539.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: