Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this dish because I am a huge fan of seafood especially smoked cod. I am on a lifestyle program of low carbs so I came up with this meal from a list of things I can eat. I hope you like it. Tip: if you are on a lifestyle program then I believe presentation is everything, so treat yourself to a restaurant dinner every night--you deserve it.
- 30 g fresh squid rings
- 85 g smoked cod
- 20 ml full-cream milk
- 40 ml water
- 60 g fresh asparagus spears
- 60 g lettuce
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 20 g grated tasty cheese
- 1 shallot (spring onion)
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place milk shallots and water into frying pan bring to the boil. Add cod for 5 minutes then remove it. Take milk off the stove and stirring constantly add cheese, then peppers. Simmer off the stove. Replace cod to continue cooking slowly.
- Prepare asparagus by bending the stem and where it snaps discard the bottom bit (too woody).
- In a small saucepan boil water then add asparagus and sea salt.
- Boil for only 2 minutes then remove from water.
- Prepare lettuce by shredding it.
- Cut small tomatoes into 4 pieces.
- Cook calamari in olive oil and lemon juice and pepper in a very hot skillet or frying pan for only 3 minutes.
- Presentation: Place shredded lettuce on large plate first.
- Then criss cross asparagus on top, spears out.
- Place smoked cod on top of asparagus.
- Then layer calamari over fish in a line.
- Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of cheese sauce over whole meal.
- Cracked pepper and salt if desired over that.
- For personal interest this recipe has 9g carbs in it.