Sara 76's Note:
This is a cake I came up with, while trying to attempt to make the Bee Sting Cake from The Cheesecake Shop. Unfortunately it was NOTHING like that one, but it was delicious just the same! It is kind of like a shortcake (similar the traditional German version of this cake), and is also delicious with cream cheese frosting! Although this is not what I was trying to make, everyone thought it was delicious, and it has already been made twice in my house! I will try again to make the one from The Cheesecake Shop, and post my recipe attempt! :D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 2Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- 3Slowly beat in 1 egg.
- 4Sift flour twice with salt and baking powder.
- 5Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternatively with milk.
- 6Spoon mixture into a greased and floured 8 inch pan.
- 8Melt butter and stir in ground almonds, honey, milk, and vanilla.
- 9Mix well and bring to the boil.
- 10Cool and pour over cake batter, spreading it evenly.
- 11Bake at 200C for 25 minutes.
- 12Cool cake, remove from pan, and slice in half, horizontally.
- 13RASPBERRY FILLING:.
- 14Heat jam a little to make it easier to spread. Spread over bottom layer of cake. Put cake back together.
- 15BUTTER CREAM FILLING:.
- 16Cream butter until soft, and beat in egg yolk and honey.
- 17Add icing sugar, a little at a time, and beat until fluffy.
- 18Beat in vanilla.
- 19Spread top and sides of cake with butter cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bee Sting Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6158.3
- Calories from Fat 2787
- Total Fat 309.7 g
- Saturated Fat 165.3 g
- Cholesterol 1065.1 mg
- Sodium 3875.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 800.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.9 g
- Sugars 522.6 g
- Protein 61.1 g