A nice looking small pie to pass around at a party or serve with a salad for a meal, from Super Food Ideas. Haven't allowed for resting times in the times given.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- 2Grease a 12 hole, 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan.
- 3Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and add onion and garlic and cook stirring for 3 minutes or until softened.
- 4Add mince and cook breaking up mince with a wooden spoon for 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through,.
- 5Add the vegetables, barbecue sauce and tomato paste and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 6Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface and spray with oil and then top with another sheet of filo and repeat layering until you have 4 sheets of pastry.
- 7Cut filo stack in half lengthways and cut each piece into thirds and press each piece into 6 holes of prepared pan, allowing overhang and now repeat with remaining 4 sheets of filo.
- 8Divide mince mixture between pastry cases and then fold edges over filling to enclose and spray with oil and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and heated through.
- 9Stand for 2 minutes and serve with a salad or pass around as individual pies.
- 10NOTE 1 - They used a carrot, peas, capsicum, onion and corn frozen vegetable mix.
- 11NOTE 2 - Pies are best made just before serving.
- 12NOTE 3 - Filo pastry dries out quickly on contact with air, cover with a damp tea towel to prevent it drying and cracking.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Vegetable Filo Pies
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.8
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 145.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.2 g