1/1 Photo of Beef & Asparagus
I love this when the fresh asparagus is in season. Sometimes I throw in some onion wedges or a red capsicum for colour with the asparagus. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the meat, and slice across the grain evenly into long, thin strips.
- 2Combine the soy, sherry, ginger, sesame oil, garlic and chilli; add the meat stirring to coat and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 3Drain the meat, reserving the marinade.
- 4Heat 20ml of oil in a wok or heavy-based frying pan, add the asparagus and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from the wok.
- 6Heat the remaining oil in the wok, cook the meat quickly in small batches over high heat until browned but not cooked through.
- 7Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- 8Blend the cornstarch with the reserved marinade until smooth.
- 9Return asparagus and meat to wok with marinade mixture.
- 10Stir-fry over high heat until meat is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- 11Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef & Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.8
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 749.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 28.5 g