Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 15 mins
This is a recipe I used to make at work based loosely (very loosely) on strogonoff.
Make and share this Beef & Bacon With Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Brown the steak in the oil, in batches.
- Fry the onion and bacon until the onion is transparent.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook'til they are softened.
- Return the meat and any juices to the pan, add the soup, water or wine, tomato paste and a generous amount of black pepper.
- Transfer to an ovenproof casserole and bake in a moderate oven for about 2 hours.
- Stir in the sour cream just before serving, and scatter over plenty of parsley to finish.