My Private Note
beef bu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (95 grams or just over 3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup hummus ((90 grams/3 ounces)
- 1 medium eggplant (300 grams/91/2 ounces)
- 500 g ground beef (16 ounces or just over 1/2 ounce)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (or more or less depending on taste preferences)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or 2 teaspoons dried australian bush tomatoes
- 1 small brown onions (80 grams or just under 3 ounces) or 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (80 grams or just under 3 ounces)
- 1 fresh small red Thai chile, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup stale breadcrumbs (35 grams or just over 1 ounce)
- 1 egg
- 1 loaf Turkish bread, cut into quarters (430 grams/131/2 ounces) or 4 crusty rolls, halved (such as ciabatta)
- salad greens, to serve (such as baby spinach leaves or rocket)
- 1Combine the yoghurt and hummus in a small bowl.
- 2Cut the eggplant (aubergine) into 6 slices lengthways; discard the 2 skin-side pieces (or put in your freezer bag of vegetable peelings etc. for using to make vegetable stock (see note above).
- 3Preheat the grill or barbecue.
- 4Combine the beef, garlic, tomato paste (or dried Australian Bush Tomato), onion, chilli, basil, breadcrumbs and egg in a large bowl; shape the mixture into 4 patties; cook the patties and eggplant, in batches, on the heated oiled flat grill or barbecue until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- 5Halve the bread pieces (or rolls) horizontally; toast, cut-sides up; spread the cut-sides with the yoghurt mixture; sandwich the eggplant, patties and salad greens between the toasted pieces of bread or roll.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Burger With Grilled Eggplant (Aubergine) & Salad Greens
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 137.8 mg
- Sodium 313.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red Thai chile