1/2 Photos of Beef Casserole
2 hrs 15 mins
I spent an day looking after a family members home while workmen were there to install a new security entranceway (they are away on holiday) so to keep me busy I decided to go through their cookbooks looking for some recipes to post on 'zaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 kg chuck or 1 1/2 kg blade steaks, cut into large cubes
- 60 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons spanish paprika
- 400 g peeled tomatoes with juice
- 1 glass white wine or 1 glass red wine
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into large chunks
- salt and black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Roll beef in flour mixed with paprika.
- 3Put into an enamelled, cast iron casserole that will hold all the ingredients comfortably with not too much extra space.
- 4Whiz tomatoes and their juice in a food processor, or crush roughly with a wooden spoon, then add to meat.
- 5Add remaining ingredients to casserole and stir.
- 6Press a piece of baking paper over contents and cover with lid. Cook in oven, undisturbed for 2 hours.
- 7Season to taste. Check if meat and potatoes are tender and if necessary cook longer.
- 8Serve with a bowl of yoghurt, perhaps a small bowl of sliced pickled dill cucumbers or if you are happy to use another pot, steamed cooked carrots or other vegetables alongside.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 166.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: