From the Taste site. I have all the ingredients on hand to make this soon.. Sushi seasoning is a vinegar, sugar salt mix we buy here in bottles at most supermarkets.
- 80 ml reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sushi seasoning
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 270 g udon noodles
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 500 g beef steaks, thinly sliced (rump)
- 1 white onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced, to serve
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
- Combine soy sauce, miso paste, sushi seasoning and ginger in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until just tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan on high heat. Stir-fry half the beef for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining beef, reheating wok between batches.
- Heat remaining oil in wok on high heat. Stir-fry onion for 1-2 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, carrot, cabbage and water. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until carrot is tender-crisp. Add noodles, beef and soy sauce mix. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Divide among bowls. Top with shallot and sesame seeds.